It’s no surprise that outrageous headlines compel people to read your blogposts and articles.
And if the content is half as good as the headline, there’s an excellent chance they’ll forward the article to others and even link to it.
So how do you generate crazy headlines?
One method to get ideas is to use the headline generator at http://linkbaitgenerator.com/
You can use your own keyword (I used the word “bunnies” to test it out) and you can generate as many weird and wild headlines as you choose, but only one at a time.
For example, I generated these:
- 10 Ballsy Pranks Involving Bunnies That Failed Miserably
- 9 Ways People Have Gotten Rich Exploiting Bunnies
- 3 Ways Men Tried Using Bunnies To Get Laid
- 8 Outrageous Frauds Involving Bunnies
- My Most Embarrassing Bunny In A Long Time
- 6 Most Baffling Things About Bunnies
- 5 Life Lessons Learned From Bunnies
- The Evolution Of Bunny-Proof Underwear
- The Death Of Bunnies
- 7 Things Bunnies Have In Common With Satan
- My Weirdest Bunny In A Long Time
Not real helpful you say?
What if you translated them into something useful:
- 10 Ballsy Pranks Involving Facebook That Failed Miserably
- 9 Ways People Have Gotten Rich Exploiting The Internet
- 3 Ways Men Tried Using Hypnosis To Get Laid
- 8 Outrageous Frauds Involving Online Marketing
- My Most Embarrassing Confession In A Long Time
- 6 Most Baffling Things About Dog Training
- 5 Life Lessons Learned From Forex Investing
- The Evolution Of Smack-Proof Backlinks
- 7 Things Google Has In Common With Satan
- The Death Of Erectile Dysfunction
- My Weirdest Customer Email In A Long Time
Then there are those LinkBaitGenerator headlines that are fun but perhaps not useful…
- 6 Reasons Bunnies Can Cause Suicidal Fantasies
- 5 Ultra-Secret Government Projects Involving Bunnies
- If A Bunny Had A Love Child With Captain Kirk It Would Look Like This
- 8 Ways Bunnies Can Help You Survive A Plane Crash